In this tutorial i will show you how to import your skin » (after its creation), in game.
For this example we will choose to import a skin in DDS format, for the PORSCHE 911 RSR of the ENDURANCE pack (but it works the same way for other « mod ».
Go to: XXX:\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player\Settings\Porsche_991RSR_GTE_2017
My file is empty (no skin is in it )
I launch RFactor2 and I choose one of the available PORSCHE and I click on TUNING at the bottom.
- Once in the interface » TUNING » I click on » CREATE DIR » and I quite the game
- Go back to your folder: XXX:\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player\Settings\Porsche_991RSR_GTE_2017, and I see that a folder as been created (991RSR_911). In this folder we will find the DDS of the skin we had chosen previously (but this is not the subject).now in this folder the DDS file corresponding to the SKIN you have created (for info, the file should contain the three following letters » alt « .In my case: » alt_91 « )
- Go back to « TUNING » choosing the same skin i´ve choose in te first step menu. I’m going to see by clicking on « VARIANTS » I will be able to select the desired skin « alt_91« . Then I click on CREATE and I fill in the requested informations and I finish by clicking on ACCEPT and hen click on BACK (in the left corner)
- NOTE: in CAR DESCRIPTION , is what you will see in the list selection .Make it simple to remind witch car is corresponding, because you will have no picture to recognise it.
AT THIS STEP IT´S DONE .BELOW A SMALL TIP IN CASE A DOWNLOADED SKIN DOESN´SHOW UP IN THE LIST :
- This tutorial work also if , downloading a skin and adding it into your car directory (for the PORSCHE i remind you: XXX:\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player\Settings\Porsche_991RSR_GTE_2017) you don´t see it in the list .
- If this happen, what you have to do is to use the MAS2.exe located here by default : C:\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Support\Tools
- Double click on it, open the skin folder previously downloaded and find a MAS file.
- Drag the MAS file into the MAS2 window
- Select the files, right click then « extract«
- Extract the files into a folder of your choice
- Open this folder and copy & paste the file into the folder created atthe beginning of this tutorial and follow the upcoming steps. The point here was how to get the DDS file and recreate the « skin files ». Once the steps are over you will see that a folder &a RCD file have been created .Both get different name. Rename the RCD file as the folder name .Easier to know witch file is corresponding with witch folder in the case you have a lot a skins .
This tip below can help you. By Sven Hielscher at RACEDEPARTMENT